Below is a selection of our favourite companies and websites.
Our clinical partners in Rathmines – www.castlewoodclinic.ie
Professional associations and Nutritional Therapy Colleges
www.ntoi.ie Nutritional Therapists of Ireland
www.bant.org.uk British Association for Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy
www.iinh.net The Irish Institute of Nutrition & Health
www.instituteofhealthsciences.com Institute of Health Sciences
www.naturopathy.ie The College of Naturopathic Medicine
Health food stores and delis
www.hopsack.ie The Hopsack, Swan Centre, Rathmines. One of the longest-established and best healthfood shops in Ireland run by the lovely Murray family. Fantastic selection of food and very helpful and helpful staff who really run their stuff.
www.nourish.ie Branches in Wicklow St, Liffey St., GPO Arcade, Omni S.C.
HealthMatters – branches in Grafton St., Bray Main St
www.thehealthstore.ie – branches in Blackrock, Dundrum, Stillorgan, Liffey V.
www.thehappypear.ie Natural food market, café, restaurant and juice bar in Greystones, selling local, organic and seasonal produce
Organic Food Suppliers
- Branches of Lidl, Aldi nation-wide for fruit and vegetables
- Tesco, Superquinn and Dunnes Stores for organic fruit, vegetables, dry goods and meats.
- O’Tooles Butchers – branches in Dublin (Terenure, Dun Laoghaire) for organic meats.
- Downeys Butchers, Terenure – game (usually wild ie organic).
- The organic supermarket, Blackrock. Ireland’s first 100% organic supermarket, with a wide range of fresh and other foods. www.organicsupermarket.ie
- Dublin Food Co-Op best and biggest market for fresh fruit, vegetables, (no meat), dry goods, toiletries. Sat 9.30-4.30, Thurs. 12.00 – 8.00 (limited version) 12 Newmarket Square, off Cork St (nr St. Patrick’s Cathedral), Dublin 8. Tel 01-454 4258, www.dublinfood.coop
- Irish Farmers Markets runs many markets (during the week as well as at weekends) around Dublin, Wicklow. Contact or go to www.irishfarmersmarkets.ie (website not always updated so confirm details with Sean 087-6115016/Rory 086 3826377 ).
- The Natural Food Market. Organic fruit and vegetables, dry goods (e.g. wholegrains, beans, pulses, dried fruits) and organic meats. Sat 9.30-3.00, St. Andrews Resource Centre (opposite Pearse Square), Pearse Street, Dublin 2. Beibhinn Byrne Tel 01- 4785167/087-6303839 www.supernatural.ie
- Jackie Spillane also runs markets around Dublin and can be contacted on 087 9573647
- More organic markets are run by Tara Dalton 01 2841197 www.irishvillagemarkets.com
Organic Home Delivery
- Home Organics. Fruit & Veg, oils, grains and home cleaning products www.homeorganics.ie Tel: 01 406 0034
- Absolutely Organic. Fruit, veg, pasta, bread, meats. Tel: 01 460 0467 www.absolutelyorganic.ie
Restaurants serving healthy food
www.happypear.ie vegetarian café and restaurant in Greystones
www.cafe-fresh.ie vegetarian café in the Powerscourt Town House Centre, just off Grafton St., Dublin City Centre
www.cornucopia.ie vegetarian, wholefood restaurant in business for almost 25 years, on Wickow St., Dublin City Centre
www.avoca.ie cafes in Dublin city centre, Rathcoole, Powerscourt in Enniskerry, Kilmacanogue, Avoca and Mt Usher Gardens in Ashford